TYNE VALLEY GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB CONSTITUTION
Agreed by members at the A.G.M. held on 26th March 1996
1. The club shall be named 'THE TYNE VALLEY GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB'. It,s aims shall be to instruct owners of German Shepherd Dogs in obedience, ringcraft and agility training.
2. Membership of the club shall be open to all persons who own a German Shepherd and/or be interested in the activities of the club. Membership to be approved by the Committee after a period of four weeks probation period. New members must attend at least one training session during the probation period.
3. The management of the club shall be in the hands of the Officers and Committee which will consist of a Chairman (who will have a casting vote in addition to his own in the event of equal voting and in such cases it is 'correct form' for the Chairman to use the casting vote to retain the status quo), Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Treasurer, and a Committee not exceeding seven in number. Hereinafter called the COMMITTEE.
4. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
5. The COMMITTEE shall retire annually and will be eligible for re-election together with other nominees at the Annual General Meeting.
6. Any COMMITTEE Member failing to attend four successive meetings or training sessions without an acceptable apology will vacate their office.
7. No Member shall be eligible for the COMMITTEE while serving on the Committee of another Kennel Club Registered German Shepherd Dog Club.
8. Meetings of the COMMITTEE shall be held as often as is necessary and five COMMITTEE shall form a quorum for the transaction of business.
9. In the event of resignations, leaving the COMMITTEE without a quorum, the remaining COMMITTEE will co-opt Members to serve on the COMMITTEE only until the next Annual General Meeting. Co-opted Members will have full voting rights while serving on the Committee.
10. The COMMITTEE shall have the power to appoint a subcommittee for any special purpose.
11. A Member of the club for less than six months can not be elected on to the COMMITTEE.
12. No Member of the club shall receive payment either directly or indirectly for services to the club, other than an agreed Honorarium, the amount to be agreed upon the Annual General Meeting and legitimate expenses.
13. No Member or officer of the club shall incur an expense unless such an expense has the approval of the COMMITTEE.
14. Members fees shall be a sum of money the Annual General Meeting will determine as being the annual subscription for the following year.
15. Annual Membership fees will be due on 1st January each year and if unpaid by 14th February the Members name will be removed from the clubs register.
16. Each new Member will be issued with a copy of the clubs constitution.
17. Paid up members will be entitled to one vote after two calendar months membership. Joint membership is a vote for each person. Junior membership honorary up to sixteen years of age without voting rights, however, it is an undertaking of all parents/guardians that children will be supervised at all times. The safe welfare of the children will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
No postal or proxy votes to be allowed.
18. The Society must make a list of members and their addresses available for inspection if so requested by the member of the Society or by the Kennel Club.
19. The assets of the club shall be vested in the COMMITTEE and MEMBERS.
20. In the event of the club ceasing to exist, a General Meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of any assets. Liquidated assets to be donated to the local animal charities and eh Kennel Club informed of the outcome.
21. A banking account shall be held in the name of the club into which all revenue of the club shall be paid. Signatories will be two of the three predetermined COMMITTEE Members.
22. No two Members who reside in the same household or are related by birth or marriage are to hold positions of signatory or be appointed to certify the accounts.
23. The accounts will be certified annually and presented to the members by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting. Certification of accounts must be carried out by one qualified accountant or two unqualified individuals with accountancy experience.
24. The financial year of the club shall end on 28th February annually.
25. The Annual General Meeting shall be held on the last Tuesday in March of each year to receive the report of the COMMITTEE and balance sheet, to elect Officers and Committee, to discuss any resolution duly placed on the agenda of which prior notice has been given to the Secretary. No business shall be transacted at an Annual General Meeting unless notice thereof appears on the agenda, with the exception or routine matters, or those which, in the opinion of the Chairman, are urgent.
26. Members will receive twenty one days notification in writing the Annual General Meeting. This notice will request items for the agenda and the date by which the Secretary must be notified. The agenda will be circulated to members seven days before the Annual General Meeting.
27. The election of the COMMITTEE at the Annual General Meeting shall either be a show of the hands or paper ballot of those present at the meeting.
28. A Special General Meeting shall be called by the Secretary if eight members submit a signed requisition stating the subject to be discussed, and requesting a Special General Meeting to do so.
The COMMITTEE is also empowered to call a Special General Meeting.
No business other than that detailed on the agenda can be discussed at a Special General Meeting.
Members shall receive 14 days notice of a Special General Meeting.
29. The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year, Maintenance of Title Fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary for the continuance of Registration and that by 31st July each year, other returns, as stipulated in Kennel Club Regulations for the Registration and Maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Councils and the Affiliation of the Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities be forwarded to the Kennel Club.
The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
30. The rules of the club may not be altered except at a General Meeting, the agenda for which contains specific proposals to amend the rules. Any proposed alterations shall not be brought into effect until the Kennel Club has been advised and approved the alterations.
31. Maintenance of Title fee to be forwarded to the Kennel Club by Direct Debit.
32. Donations from club funds to charity will not exceed £50 in total in any financial year. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the members at a General Meeting.
33. The Committee shall have the power to invite any person or persons, whether a Member of the Club or not to attend any meeting to assist in the business to be discussed but such person or persons shall not be entitled to vote.
34. Any Member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club Rule A42j(4) and/or disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42j(8) shall if so face to cease to be a Member of the Society for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification.
If the conduct of any Member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Society be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Society, the Committee of the Society may, at a meeting issue the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the Conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the Society shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her.
Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused Member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the Meeting that he/she may attend the offer an explanation. If at the Meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by two thirds majority of the Members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of Members and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the Society, except that he/she may, within two calendar months from the date of such Meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such conditions as the Kennel Club may impose.
35. The Kennel Club shall be the final court of appeal in all matters of dispute.
36. The club shall not join any federation of societies or clubs.
For Further Information:
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org